Urban Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Night

4 posters

Go down

Into the Night Empty Into the Night

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:56 am

Bane city, with all its monolithic sky scrapers leaving scarred clouds tracing down the river of blue towards the magnificent sunset, begins to grow dark. The shadows stretch endlessly away from the horizon, clawing at this city as the lights come on. The wind stirs chills to any unfortunate soul caught in the night. The stories parents tell their children about monsters hidden in the shadows of night are but magnificent paintings of the true nature. On these streets you can find almost anything, that is if you’re willing, and in some cases unwilling, to pay the price.

In this world, a leader was chosen by the people. One who believed in free thought, that everyone had a right to seek knowledge and let it empower and better man. However his image was warped by the people who elected him. Soon the lands were ravaged by disease engineered in a laboratory, a great deal died and laid the foundation for a new platform. The abominations of science didn’t end there. Creatures came into being that shouldn’t. Spliced from the ungodly hand of man into warped unnatural beings, they escaped into the nature they were never meant to be in. Now the seas and areas surrounding major cities are bordered by vicious beast. Only the military and those with unusual abilities can venture out beyond the borders. Law stands only as a faded glory of its former self. Justice now is commonly found at the end of a gun rather than in a scale.

Here on the black rivers of tar and broken concrete legends are born. Some heroic tales, others dark sagas, whatever the reason, you’re here now, and it doesn’t look like you’ll be leaving anytime soon…
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

https://urbanlegend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Character Template

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Name: Lee Tadaki

Nick Name: NA

Class: Phantom

Apperance: 5'8" tall with shoulder length black hair. Lee is an average build Chinese american who is usually wearing a thin, dark leather jacket, black undershirt, and dark, shredded jeans.

Weapons: none/improvised

Personality(optional): Lee is pretty easy going, never one to anger easily. With a strong sense of friendship, he is loyal to those he trust. On the other hand his trust is not easy to gain, always cautious, his mind is analyzing every situation as he hides behind his casual smile.

The air was cold as he made his way off the boat. Lee looked up to the city, wishing he didn't really have to be here. As the water stained boards beneath his feet creaked, he walked towards the street. He pulled the piece of paper out of his jacket pocket, looking at the address hastily scribbled on it. He hoped he could find the place quick, he was well aware as much as everyone else that night time was not the safest time to be roaming the streets, then again there wasn't much that could hurt someone who can walk through walls. Lee left towards the orange glow of city lights that dotted the lone roads to his destination. Warehouses and shipping containers filled a vast field to his east as he walked along the wire fences lined with barb wire. Occasionally his hand rang against the metal poles, once in a while not making a sound as his flesh passed right through the steel.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Dante Noire

Post by Kaytal Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Dante Noire

Nick Name: N/A

Class: Death Speaker

Apperance: Dante is a 5'9" very slender male. Face is kind of bony but very handsome. Dante has shorter than shoulder length dark brown/black hair. His hair always appears to be in a uniform mess. As though it were intended to look disheveled. Approximate weight is 135lbs. Typically Dante's casual wear is that of a two piece suit or vest. He always carries a pocket watch that has never worked. Dante prefers pinstripe black suits with a vest. He never wears hats.

Weapons: 3 throwing knives hidden in inside pocket of suit. Boot dagger. Proficient with shortblades/daggers

Personality(optional): Dante is a lone wolf never really relying on anyone. He loves to be social, though. He likes meeting people and talking but rarely invites people into his personal space. Dante loves the night and darkness. Constantly caught at graveyards and cemeteries to be alone(so he says). He is always confident and never second guesses himself. He is rarely fearful of anything.

At an early age Dante knew of his abilities. Dante's brother, Ali, who was 10 years older than Dante, was in the study of their father's villa. Dante accompanied his brother as he often did but without detection. Dante enjoyed observing people and how they handled situations. Ali typed the code into wall behind a statue that allowed him access to a secret passageway hidden in the walls. Dante followed behind. Ali proceeded into the dark entry and escaped Dante's vision. Dante crept down a long corridor to a room with a singular light at the center aiming downward a table. There tied to a chair and severely beaten was Ali's wife. Ali attempted to free her but even if he could the beatings were so bad that she was already mortally wounded. Suddenly a crash came from the entry way of the corridor. Dante scrambled to hide behind a pile of boxes and some wooden pallets. Dante and Ali's father appeared in the dimly lit room with three armed men holding him at gunpoint.
"Ali," the voice began in a heavy Russian accent, "I see you found our wedding present."
"What do you want from us?" Ali cried aloud full of emotion.
The voice began again, "We want the arms your father promised us 2 years ago."
Dante's Father looked like he was attempting to hide his distraught emotion but doing poorly at it.
Dante's Father spoke, "I do not deal with Terrorists."
"Ironically, then, you will die by 'terrorist's' hands," the Russian proclaimed.
Suddenly, Dante's father grabbed the barrel of the AK-47 aimed at his son and ducked beneath the line of fire. Shots began to be fired. One hit the light and the room became pitch black other than the lights of the tips of the guns. Dante could only make out wails of pain and anguish then they all stopped. A lighter was lit to a pipe and a face could be made out. Dante's father was the image that appeared behind the amber glow of a military issued Zippo. Dante's father spoke again, "Dante, mourn while you can and meet me in study when you are ready to begin. There is much to discuss."
Dante's father flipped a switch and a series of fluorescent lights came on overhead. Everyone in the room was dead sans Dante and his father. Dante's eyes began to fill with tears as his brother laid in a pool of his and his wife's blood. However, Dante saw it as a bittersweet end because while they were dead at least they were together. However, an aura appeared around Ali's body and it appeared to take on a translucent shape of Ali himself. Then the ethereal body spoke to Dante.
"Dante, Dante is that you? Do not weep for me my brother. For you must avenge our souls and that of our Mother's. The Russians have plagued our Father for nearly 25 years now and every time they attack is more devastating than the last with a Higher Casualty loss. Our mother was taken by them and now my wife and I. Please Dante take back what was taken from you."
Dante was ten when this occurred and now after 13 years of training he is ready to take the fight to their doors. His father trained him in many things but mostly how to use a knife. Dante was never bitter in the 13 years since his brothers death. However now he was 23 and the right hand man of Vince Noire one of the most famous arms dealers in the world. Dante's father told him that he has a very important undercover mission for him. He can use his name but must remain under the radar. He must enter Bane City and join the underground. Hear what the city hears, see what the city sees. Dante reluctantly agreed. His father made arrangements for a low end flat near downtown. He only gave Dante enough money for a train ticket into Bane and food for a month. He was able to pack any of his own possessions he could fit into a single suitcase. Dante filled the suitcase with all of his name brand suits knowing that it doesn't matter how much money you have in your wallet. It matters how much money you look like your worth. With the suitcase packed he boarded the train headed to downtown Bane City.

Kaytal

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Re: Into the Night

Post by asdf7389 Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 pm

"Just a long job, but the money's good," he said out loud, mimicking a high pitch, nasally voice. Lee spat on the ground and made it into the northeastern quadrant of the city. He looked at the address again. If he read this chicken scratch right, it read 102 Morning Star Rd, Building 4. Hoping he didn't need a map, there was someone he had to meet and the quicker he got there the better. Under the hazy glow of neon signs that littered a wide alley, he turned slowly and decided to cut through till he saw something that served as a street sign. Shady eyes glanced over in his direction occasionally, but darted back before he could meet their gazes full on. Two people were having a casual disagreement as a bar door flung open followed by a body and what looks to be half a bar stool and a bottle of beer. Lee casually stepped over the body as he continued, wondering if this is what they would call a "bad" part of the city.

Not long after walking along the alleys, keeping his head low, someone was bound to jump him for some scratch. Not that it mattered much, he was ready for it. Some punk with an over sized hoodie flipped a blade in his direction as he rounded a corner. "Nice jacket ya got there," he said.

"Yeah, found it on some guy I killed," Lee said casually. Apparently the thug was confident enough to test his abilities.

"Funny, I think I about to say the same thing." With out another word, the man lunged forward with his knife. Lee stepped to the side and let him pass right by. The man wasn't impressed by a simple side step and slashed out with his blade. Not one to take offense to an attack, Lee's palm just stuck out and struck him on the wrist, pulling his body down. The man tumbled onto the dirty alley ground. He swore and tried to stand up. Lee didn't feel like bothering with small fry and ended it with a swift kick to the temple. The thug's head recoiled back and collided with the nearest wall before sliding down, out cold.

"Hmm, I suppose this could be a good sign," he said as he walked over, kicking the knife away before going through the unconscious man's pockets. He found a few bills and pocketed it. He had enough courtesy to leave the guy enough for some Advil after he wakes up even though he more likely had a concussion.

Lee smiled and held his head high as he continued to walk down the streets aimlessly, wondering if he'd meet someone else like him. He was well aware there were others out there. Every single one was calling in the night. Hidden in the night, so quiet and still, it was overwhelming obvious that this peace was unnatural.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty The Kid on the Doorstep

Post by Hatori Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Name: Unknown

Nick Name: NA

Class: Interference

Apperance: 5'2" tall with long silver hair cut just under the shoulder and bright sapphire blue eyes. Handsome facial features and snow white skin. Wears a black button down shirt with matching slacks, a black velvet trench coat. On his left ring-finger is a gold ring with a caduceus symbol encircled by an ouroboros. He has a small build but is very fit. He stands upright, never slouching even while sitting.

Weapons: collapsible bow staff

Personality(optional): Most of the time he seems like a kind, gentle soul. Ready to help and old lady cross the street or give a loaf of bread to a hungry beggar. But other times he acts cruel and vicious. Ready to start a brawl with a group of thugs, or push a random passerby into traffic. He laughs often, and enjoys being in the sunlight. He doesn't mind being in a group, but sometimes fears people wish to harm to him due to his unique abilities, even if those people are not even aware of them.

The sun shone brightly as he stepped of the train into the cool crisp air of the early morning. The wind blew his hair as he walked down the station platform and the scent of pine rolled off of it. He carried a small black leather bag with him but no other luggage. As he passed by a group of school girls many stopped and started giggling as he passed. He pulled a map out of his coat pocket and started at it, a slight frown becoming apparent on his face. From behind him a soft voice asked "Excuse me, are you lost?" He turned around and there was one of the girls who had split herself off from the group. She twirled her finger through her red hair and smiled sweetly. "Yes I am." he replied, "Can you tell me how to get here?" He pointed to a spot on the map. His voice was pleasant. Soft as a summer breeze, and just as warm. It seemed as though he had an accent as well, but it was so faint that the girl could not place it. She gave him the directions and pointed on the map where to go. He flashed the girl a wide smile and said thank you. Then he took her hand and bent forward and kissed it. Even in the sunlight you could see the girl's face flush. As he turned to leave he heard from behind him the gaggle of girls squeal with delight and start to talking in loud fast tones. As he left the station and walked down the road he could see in the distance a port with many boats. He had always wanted to ride on a boat ever since his brother had described to him the many ships back home.
Further down he passed a park where children were playing with a ball. As he passed one kicked it hard and it flew above the child it was meant to go to and headed straight for an elderly man who was passing by on the other side of the walkway. With reflexes like a viper, the boy caught the ball just as it was about to hit the man. "thank you my boy." said the man. His voice was raspy and tired. "Not at all." he replied. Then he reached into his leather bag, and from it pulled a small bottle. He took two pills from it and held them out to the man. "Here," he said, "take these and go home and rest. It sounds like you might have a small case of bronchial inflammation." The man stared at him. "How did you know that? he asked. "My brother is a physician." the boy replied. " He taught me a lot growing up." The man thanked him and walked away just as one of the children ran up to him and asked for the ball. Smiling he obliged. From the park one of the children called "Hey Abel, hurry up!" Abel thanked him again and ran back to the group. As he watched for a moment, the remembered all the times he use to play catch with his brother. The boy set back on his journey, ready to make it to his destination and what awaits him.
After several minutes of walking, he passed in front of a tavern. as he walked on he heard a sound from the alley on the side. Looking down it, he saw many figures moving around a spot on the wall. Upon further inspection he noticed a mane of red hair on the wall. He then heard the cries for help. He swiftly made his way towards the gang of men. Now he could see clearly what was progressing. Six men surrounded a girl in a school uniform who was struggling to get free. Her clothes were ripped in places and a bruise was already staring to show on her cheek. With a small tinge of recollection he realized it was the girl who helped him at the train station. "Come now pretty don't struggle. You'll ruin your pretty dress." The speaker was obviously the leader. He was the biggest and ugliest of the bunch. "Please stop." she begged. The men just laughed. "Enough!" came a voice from behind them. The men turned and standing before them was the boy. The surprise of being caught turned quickly to mirth. "Shouldn't you be home now boy?" sneered one of the men as he walked towards the boy, "Its almost your bed time. Now why don't you just run along." As he closed in on the boy he placed his hand on the boys shoulder. As he did the boy grabbed his wrist and placed his fingers in a few different points on the mans arm. The man fell to his knees, howling in pain. The other men stopped laughing. For a moment the only sounds were the one man screaming in agony, and the girl trying to break free. "Let em go!" the thug boss finally said. "Not a problem." said the boy. He twisted the man's arm around and moved behind him in one fluid motion. With the other hand he made a quick chop to the man's neck. Instantly the man stopped screaming. The boy let go of his arm and the man fell to the dirt. "Who the ell are you boy.? the leader asked, his mouth open. "Just a passing by doctor that wants to help a princess in distress. Did you know there are over twenty major nerve centers on the body?" The boy was smiling, but unlike any smile earlier, this one did not meet his eyes. It was more like an evil leer. Like a predator smiles before its prey. "If you hit some one in just the right spot they can become paralyzed or even die. His voice too had changed. Now instead of a summer breeze it sounded like a blizzard, cold and merciless. "Now i suggest you let the lady go, or I shall have to kill you." The leader was about to retort, but just looking into the boys eyes, he saw death. "Ga...Get him!" the Leader shouted, at his men. The men were hesitant, but in the end they charged the boy. As the first man swung at the boy, the boy used one of his hands to parry the blow, side stepping the man, but not before using his other hand to land a chop to the mans neck, breaking the mans trachea. The goon fell, suffocating in his own saliva. In the instant the other men stopped to stare the boy reached into his coat and pulled out a metal cylinder. with a push of a button, both ends of the cylinder erupted into long metal shafts. Now the boy was holding a metal staff, and the men were having second thoughts about trying to attack him. With skills as though he was born to do it, he moved like flowing water, swinging the staff in loops and twirls, hitting one goon after another in precise spots with just enough power to do the exact amount of damage needed to take them out. Now it was just the Leader, the girl and the boy left upright in the alley. The rest were knocked out and in two cases stone cold dead. The leader was in utter shock. But the shock turned quickly into a grin. "Not bad kid. Why don't ya join our gang? We could use a man like you." "No thanks," the boy replied. "My brother told me not too associate with gangs." "Humph, then I guess I'll have to be killin ya." "Sounds easier said than done." Said the boy slyly. " Little prick, I'll fuck you up then have my way with your little skank right in front of you before I slit your throat." The boy looked around exaggeratedly. "You and what army?" He had heard that said on an old movie his brother had bought him and had always wanted to use that line. This time the man gave a wild grin. "That would be this'un." The man placed his hand upon the ground and from it rose a monstrosity. An abomination, of rock, dirt and filth, i towered over all of them. "Meet my doll Silt." the Thug beamed. "He will make short work of ya." The mans grinned wide, but the grin slowly turned to confusion, for the boy was not surprised by the creature. He didn't even seem afraid. "I hate to tell you this," the boy chuckled, "but I am your worst type of opponent." The boy walked calmly up to the doll, for he new that is what is was. "Why are you not afraid!?" the man asked flabbergasted. "Because my brother can do the same thing you can. And his is bigger." The boy touched the doll lightly on the side. At once the doll froze. It made a sort of grinding noise. Then it fell to the ground in a heap of dust, trash, and stone. The man hit the ground moaning in furry and pain. "What...What did you do?" The boy did not answer. He just stepped over the man and went to the girl who this whole time had taken in the scene with terror and awe. "Who are you?" she stammered. He paused for a moment, then said, "You may call me Abel, and I am just a passing doctor her to save a princess in distress.
After escorting the girl to her home he passed by the alley again on his way back towards his destination. It was still full of the bodies from before, excluding the Leader who had fled without even helping his comrades. he continued on towards the dock and moved up to the ticket counter. "May I help you?" the attendant asked. "One ticket to Bane City please." the boy said in his soothing summer breeze like voice. After paying for his ticket he stepped onto the boat and looked around. Children were running up and down the deck, couples holding each other, and a calm wind blew his hair. Then he noticed a group of men were dragging what looked like a helpless maid into an open door. He smiled as he walked that way. He had always wanted to ride on a boat.

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Family Matters

Post by Xevnan Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 am

Name: Dmitri Modevski

Template: Fanatic

Alias: John van Buren, as of main story.

Age: 23, at time of introduction. 26 at time of main story.

Physical Description: 6'1'', 210 lbs. Athletic muscular, blue eyes, black hair, cropped short.

Dmitri Modevski is the second son of Bane City's largest crime family, the Modevski mob. His brother, Yuri, stands to inherit rule of the city after his father, Dominic's death. Mother is dead, has one sister, Gloria, who got as far away from the family as she could, much as Dmitri wants to.

Dmitri has no interest in mob activities. At thirteen years old, his father took control of the city from the Italian mafia, and in the takeover Dmitri was pressured into nearly murdering one of the lower ranking mafia members. Instead, Dmitri's powers activated at that moment because of his heightened emotional state and he went into a rampage, nearly killing his father, brother, and three bodyguards. His body overheated to the point of first degree burns across his entire body, and he nearly died. The family's doctor thought fast and saved his life, and Dmitri decided to train as a fighter to be able to control this power.

Began MMA and Boxing, studying computer science and physics in his down time secretly. Instead of running with his sister, Dmitri decided to work against his father from within the mob, secretly warning of recipients of protection services and sliding them money under the table to aid them. Dmitri is extremely loyal to his family for all that they have given him, but owes no loyalty to the family business. He puts on a brave facade, but in the end does not like confrontation. His morals guide him to not start a fight, but to have no problem ending one. Generally gets along with everyone, including his boxing opponents. In his mind, life is just a game, and there is no reason to make enemies. This mindset often gets him in trouble, though, and he is often taken advantage of for his kindness.

Dmitri is prone to an explosive temper when confronted as a defense mechanism, a way to stave off a fight without using his power. Dmitri detests his power, and sees it as a weakness until he can control it for the good of himself and others.
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Part 1

Post by Xevnan Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 am

Dmitri Modevski sat in the changing room backstage at the arena, anxiously awaiting his father's arrival. Being the son of a mob boss certainly had its benefits, but the anxiety could be devastating.

"Dmitri, calm down! You're shaking the books off the shelves bouncing your foot like that, champ. Your dad's fine and you'll do great in the fight tonight," Dmitri's brother, Yuri, said, taking a puff of his cigar. Yuri had always been much calmer than Dmitri, the natural heir to the Modevski crime family after Dominic, their father, passed on.

Dmitri scoffed at Yuri, clicking his tongue. He stood and quickly made his way to the window, staring out into the crowded lines forming outside. "You know I should be his body guard, not one of those two-bit rent-a-cops he's so keen on hiring. What does Bell Security have that I don't, anyway?"

"Bell Security has no problem breaking a guy's legs for protection money. You, however, went into a rampage and nearly killed pops and me the first time we tried it in front of you. That's why you fight in the boxing ring, not out on the streets with us. You don't have the yarbles to handle the family business, my boy. You just keep winning us money and we'll keep giving you your every wish, even after pops is gone. How's that sound?" Yuri asked, gauging Dmitri's reaction.

Dmitri sighed and sat back down, lowering his head. "I appreciate what you guys do for me. I don't like beating people senseless, but I know it's about the only thing I'm good at," Dmitri lied. He'd been studying physics and computer science on his own for years. He didn't let anybody know this because it kept him in the loop with the family's business - he could spy on his father and his brothers without them knowing and take action to help those that they were destroying. I suppose that any good deed will help, no matter how small. I just wish I could do more, Dmitri thought, forlorn.

The door opened suddenly, startling Dmitri, who lept from his chair. Dominic Modevski walked into the room, grin as wide as could be. "My boy!" he cried, hugging Dmitri, "and my heir, Yuri. How are you boys holdin' up? Sorry I'm late, accident on the freeway, had to take a detour," Dominic said, motioning for Dmitri to sit down.

Dmitri ignored his father's excuse, and answered, "About as well as can be expected. I'm limbered up and ready to go. He won't know what hit him," Dmitri grinnned, putting on his cocky facade. He had never known anyone to beat him, but that could change at any moment. When you're at the top, someone can come at any time to pull the ladder from under you.

"Good, good, you just keep on winning and we'll keep on treating you like family," Dominic said, laughing. Dmitri knew he was joking, but the joke rang a little too close to home - if disowned, he lost everything. "You know I'm kidding, boy! Look, you kick this guy's ass and and we'll be watching from the front row. You can't lose," Dominic said, laughing.

Dmitri smiled, knowing he was going to do fine.

An hour later, Dmitri was sitting in his corner of the ring, waiting on the referee to tell him to meet his opponent. Dmitri took a swig of water, which tasted odd. Damn tap water, always has tasted terrible in the city, he thought, swishing it around and swallowing. He put his mouthpiece in at the ref's command and stood to meet his opponent.

Paul Dugan was a heavy man, easily 250 pounds, and stood a few inches taller than Dmitri. This didn't matter, though; Dmitri's fury was unmatched. The bell rang and Paul gave a cheshire grin. He spoke through his mouthpiece, muffled, but Dmitri clearly made out the words: "Have fun goin down, punk,"

Dmitri smiled back, and the fight began. Paul feinted and attempted a haymaker, but Dmitri predicted this, sidestepped, and landed a jab in Paul's abdomen. Paul stepped back, grimaced and continued hounding Dmitri. The fight continued, Dmitri keeping the upper hand, but at the end of round one, something went wrong. Dmitri's knees buckled out from under him for what seemed like no reason. As he struggled back up, Paul landed a wicked punch on Dmitri's jaw.

As he fell, Dmitri saw the crowd blurring and forming a shapeless blob, the ceiling lights forming together, and the colors on the mat bleeding together. His veins burned, his heart throbbed, and it became hard to breathe. As he lay on the floor, he realized he was dying.

I've been poisoned! That water I was drinking must have been spiked! Dmitri struggled to stand, but couldn't make his legs move. Come on, god damnit, MOVE, Dmitri willed himself, every muscle straining at the effort. His eyes burned, he couldn't see, he couldn't feel his feet. I will not lose... I will not die... I WILL NOT DIE, Dmitri chanted over and over, as the pain faded gradually. He could feel his system cleansing the poison - soon he would lose control over himself. I can't... no... god, please don't let me hurt him too badly... Dmitri thought, as his consciousness faded away and he went into a frenzy. He vaguely felt himself punching something, hard, and feeling a splintering under his gloves...

Dmitri awoke in a tub full of cold water, unsure of where he was. He saw Feliks, his brother's bodyguard, sitting in the corner away from him, watching what appeared to be a small television. "Anything good on?" Dmitri asked, rising from the tub to fetch the towel on the desk nearby. Feliks spun like a cat, ready to pounce at the intrusion, and relaxed when he saw Dmitri out of the tub. "You scared the bejesus out of me, Dmitri. You remember what happened?"

"No, I know I was poisoned, though. Son of a bitch Dugan poisoned me," Jacen said, getting dressed.

"Yeah, boss said he had your water tested - Dragon's breath poison. Triads. Kills anyone in about twenty minutes... except you, of course," Feliks said, sitting back down in the corner, facing Dmitri this time. "You been out for about two days, the boss told me to sit here and make sure you don't drown in your own ice water. Look, Dmitri... about the fight..."

"What happened, Feliks?" Dmitri asked, concerned. That splintering feeling under his fists concerned him. "Well," Feliks started, "you lost control. You went berserk. Pounding this guy left and right, you broke his arm in one hit. Then you broke his ribs... then you broke his face... this may be hard for you, but you beat his brains out onto the mat, Dmitri. You killed him," Feliks said, looking at the floor.

Dmitri sighed heavily, not knowing how to feel about the information. He sat on the nearest couch and put his head in his hands. "So what do we do now? Am I wanted?" He asked, fearing the worst. "Oh yeah, every cop in the city's looking for you. We've got pull in the department, but not as much as the Triads, who obviously want you out of the picture. You gotta lay low for a while. I'm to escort you to your hideout, give you some cash, and get out of there unseen. You gotta grow a beared, grow out your hair, and buy new clothes. We can't have any contact between you or the family and you gotta stay inside, lest you be seen, until this all blows over. We may have to stage your death depending on how long this seems to be taking."

Dmitri grabbed his wallet and new cell phone, both full of new IDs. "John van Buren? Damn, could you have picked a worse name?" John said, stepping into his new identity. "Hey, gotta keep you All-American, my boy. Eigth president's last name, and the classic American first name. Can't have people thinking you're Russian," Feliks said, laughing. "Now come on, we gotta scoot. Let's get you to your new place."

Three months later, John paced his home, anxiously awaiting the news report. His heart sank as he read the headline: Suspected mob boss and son declared dead at scene, police report. John put his head in his hands and cried, for the first time since he was a little boy. Those Chinese sons of bitches did it, they killed them, he thought, holding his head. Now that he had no one to watch his back, he fled as quickly as he could. He would hide in plain sight, he would train, and he would fight back. He would avenge his family's murder, if it was the last thing he did.

Three years later, John set out to punish his family's murderers.
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xevnan Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am

John stood in the rain outside of his sister's salon in uptown Bane City, dreading the walk-in. He had always been her closest family member, but she did think he was dead. He sighed and stepped through the doorway, reeling against the smell of perfume and bright lights. "One moment," a female voice said from a back room, and soon a young girl of twenty-two rounded the corner, looked into John's eyes, dropped the shampoo bottle she was holding, and gasped.
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey, I'm going to move the last post into "In to the Night" thread as this is your jump post into the main story line, please make further posts in the main thead of this forum. Kthxbai.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty The Kid on the Doorstep, part 2

Post by Hatori Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 am

The sky was dark. Not that night time dark you see on cool summer nights, but the dark you see in the deepest pits of chaos and sin. Even the city, with all its lights and sounds, seemed dark and dismal. As he was stepping of the boat ramp he had to pause and move to the side to allow some paramedics pass him. He smiled cruelly as he watched them make their way to the vessel. He had tried not to cause trouble on his trip. His brother had always told him to be polite and behave when in the company of other people. He sighed heavily, swinging his bag slowly as he continued his journey. He passed by people in the street as though he was a ghost. He had always been stared at for his naturally silver hair or hi pale white skin, but here no one seemed to notice or care. He liked it better this way. t made his job easier. As he walked he pulled a small piece of paper from his pocket and looked at it. He then searched for a street sign and after a moment, found which way he needed to go. As he rounded he corner he stopped and took a moment to watch as two small boys were waiting to cross the road. The older boy took the smaller one's hands and after looking both ways pulled the younger one across the street. As the boys walked out of site the kid smiled to himself. He remembered his brother doing the same thing for him when he was younger. He continued to walk, still reminiscing about happier times. Then he finally arrived at his destination. As he looked upon the temple, a sad smile etched itself across his face. He had never had much faith, despite his brothers many conversations and he had. As he walked through the open doors he could not help but be in awe at the beautiful was the temple was built. He looked around for the thing he needed, and with little effort he found it. As he knocked upon the box a faint "come in." greeted him. He slid into the box and after pausing to grab a long breath, he spoke. "Forgive me for I have sinned." Said the bow, bowing his head. " What are thy sins my child?" asked the minister. "I have hurt many people, even though most had deserved it. I have broken other peoples property in my attempts to help people. And I have left my home against my brother's wishes. But most of all I ask forgiveness, not for what I have done, but for what I have come to do." "And my child," inquired the priest, "what would that be?" The boy looked up, as though he was looking through the box, through the ceiling, past the dark clouds tat gave a gloomy overhang to the city. "I have come to this city for one purpose. Some one killed the most important person in my life. Took tat person away from my like a thief in the night. I am here to avenge that person. To take from them what the took from me." "My dear revenge will only feed on your hatred," the priest warned, "leading you down a dark path. Why not let the police handle it.?" "Because," the boy answered, and that cold, devilish smile returned to his face, "the one that should kill him, should be his own brother." And with saying this, the boy left the temple and walked off into the night. That smile never leaving his face.

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Post by Xevnan Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:47 am

"YOU!" Gloria spat menacingly, picking up the things she had dropped hurriedly. John could only shrug and smile, knowing she wasn't really mad, just surprised. "Jenna, can you watch the store for me? I have to get a smoke," Gloria shouted into the back room, and a far off acknowledgment followed. Gloria grabbed John by the coat and handed him an umbrella. "Damnit, walking around in the rain without an umbrella. You know that bugs me," She said, walking out the door. John kept up well, his long strides dwarfing her angry walk. They walked about a block in silence, ducked through an alleyway, and slid into a coffee shop. They walked to the back, sat down, and Gloria sighed. "Dmitri..." she said, not knowing what to say
John looked around for any tails, knowing that she probably wasn't followed. "I'm not sure who this Dmitri is, my name is John," he said, hoping she wasn't bugged. "Oh come off it, Dmitri, I know how to search my own clothing for bugs," she said, punching him in the shoulder. "I just figured I'd make sure," John said, smiling. "I had to see my sister again. It's been too long,"

"Yeah, well, I thought you were dead. You've changed, Dmitri. You look completely different," she said, touching his short beard. "Your nose is different. Surgery?" John nodded, touching it. He'd undergone a reconstructive surgery after his family faked his death. He was still recognizable to someone who knew him well, but not to someone who didn't know him intimately. "Jesus, Dmitri, dad didn't even tell me you'd faked your death. I knew you'd been chased by the cops, but was it so much that you couldn't come see me to tell me?"

John nodded, running his hands through his hair. "The Triad killed dad and Yuri. They most likely would come after you, too, if they deemed you a threat. You knowing that I'm really alive and in hiding definitely makes you a threat. They're scared of me, Gloria, and I aim to make sure they have a reason to feel that way," John said, trying to hide his emotion.

"Don't get yourself hurt, Dmitri. They're dead. They were mobsters, it's part of the job," Gloria said, glancing out of the window. No one had followed. "They tail me sometimes, still. Not often, but enough. My apartment is still bugged," she said, melancholically. "I know," John said, shaking his head. "They're bastards, but don't worry. Either they'll be gone soon or I will. I've got a plan, Gloria, and I want you to stay out of the Lower East Side tonight. I know your boyfriend lives there, tell him to get out. Just for tonight. A lot of people are going to lose a lot of money, and there might be some pissed off gang bangers walking the streets," he alluded, smiling.

"Just what to do you have planned, Dmitri? That's all I want to know," she asked staring intently at him. She stared into his soul, trying to discern his intent. "I've been fighting in a few underground fights. Sucking it up pretty hard. I throw some punches, knock a guy down a few times, and then fake a fall. People know I hit hard, but don't think I can take a punch. Tonight is a very important fight. I'm facing the Triad's reigning champ. I plan on taking him down and hopefully accepting a job offer," he said, tapping the table. "I'm getting revenge for them, Gloria. I know, it's not what you want me to do, but damnit, dad gave me everything. With him gone, all I can think of is how much I want to get back at them," John said, looking away from her disapproving stare.

"Okay, Dmitri. The only thing I can ask you, though, is to be careful. When they're finally gone, you come back to me. I can get you a job. I can help. Just come back alive. Thanks for the warning," she said standing and grabbing her umbrella. As she approached the door, she turned and reprehensibly said, "Give them hell, Dmitri. Make them pay. Don't lose who you are, though. You are my baby brother, and I want you back. I love you, Dmitri," she said, and vanished into the rain.

John rocked his chair back, closing his eyes and tilting his head back. "Don't lose who you are..." John muttered to himself, off in a dream. He snapped forward, got out of his chair, and walked outside, headed in the direction of his big debut.
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 pm

*Italics will indicate story narration*

“Yes, yes, this is great, I can’t wait to see the test results, please keep me informed.”
The phone hung up Lucas adjusted his glasses. He looked out the grand windows of one of the tallest buildings in Bane city. “Look at where science has gone in the absence of moral. We’re saving lives,” he said, grinning as he powered his computer down and headed towards the labs underneath the building’s foundation.

Years of research at Parasol Inc. has lead to the development of new viruses as well as vaccines. The pharmaceutical company was the top in the country as research against bio terrorism weapons and disease research. Being on top meaning having things no one else did, and their leading research as developed a new weapon.

“Here it is, Dr. Lucas, “ the intern said as he handed the doctor a stack of reports.

“Well done, let’s see what how it holds up in the test.”

‘Releasing subject 29, please clear testing area as turrets are armed.’ Said a female voice over the intercom.

In the glass room below them the concrete floors were splattered with blood as a containment door slowly powered open. A grotesque creature made of what looked like several various bloody muscles and tumors walked out. The air steamed around it as it hissed and sniffed the air through its faceless head. Pulsing tissue wrapped around a warped skull turned and cracked as the first turret was deployed. The metal structure hit the ground and opened up into a tripod before a .50 caliber round was fired right at the creature. The round shot right through its shoulder, blowing its arm completely off. It fell back and convulsed as it started to bleed.

“Wendell…please tell me this isn’t it.”

“Just keep watching, sir.”

Soon the twitching arm stopped bleeding, it bubbled as muscles grew and burst forth, connecting ligaments back to the creatures shoulder as it roared so hard, blood splattered from its jaws as his mouth tore open. A glassglow smile scared its head as he charged forth, its deformed arm lashing out like a great whip, slamming the turret to the side. The creature roared in triumph as it fell over. More turrets were soon deployed, the creature attacked what it could before soon becoming a bloody mist from the overwhelming gun fire.

“Well now, I think you may have just peaked my interest,” Lucas said as he tapped his glasses, watching the blood seep into the floors.

“Oh this isn’t all,” Wendell said, smiling as the blood started to bubble.

The creature slowly reformed, much larger in mass this time as it’s body rose from the pool of blood. It howled once ore as a large arm formed, gripping a turret and throwing it against the glass roof. The reinforced container just wobbled from the blow as the turrets opened fire once more. Bullets how passed through the mass like it was water, small splashes along the still growing body of the horror. The beast turned and pulled its half formed body towards the walls, smashing and screaming as it blindly swung. The lower walls started to shake and crack.
“Fuck…Activate containment, redact subject 29 now!” Wendell shouted into the intercom.
The female voice sounded once more, “Subject 29 being redacted, please place on ocular protection now. After a moment the lights above the dome started to glow brighter as ultraviolet rays coated the area. The beast screamed, its voice frothing as it melted into a pool of blood once more, slowly dissolving. “Subject 29 redacted, thank you and have a nice day.”

“Jesus Wendell…what have we done?”

“Dr. Lucas, with all due respect, it’s science.”
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xevnan Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 pm

John walked steadily through the crowd, unsure of the reactions he was getting. There seemed to be a lot of anger, people telling him to lose. They'd be sorely disappointed. John entered the pit, roof open but surrounded by chain link, people packed in stadium seating watching from above. John had no trainer, nobody to pump him up, so he sat in the corner alone, awaiting the start of the fight. His opponent, Axle, sat across from him. What a stupid name John thought, chuckling to himself. Axle looked him in the eyes and growled, trying to frighten him. John continued staring, smirk plastered on his face. Fight psychology is always fun.
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Fight Night

Post by Kaytal Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Dante woke with a haze in his eyes. He could make out the glow of orangish-yellow streetlights peering in through his now partially cleaned windows. Dante sat up on the edge of his bed trying to shake the sleep from his vision. When finally his mind was clear he casually walked to the bureau that contained his finest suits. "What shall I wear to a fight?" he said with a slight sarcasm. He had actually already pictured the ensemble he was going to outfit himself with prior to even deciding that he was going to the event. Strictly black slacks, an argyle vest, and a dark grey near black long sleeve button up shirt tailored perfectly for him now donned his medium build. Hair in a perfect mess he went to the bathroom to clean up and look alive. Seth greeted him as he walked into the bathroom and seemed to block his way. Dante just walked through him and proceeded as if he wasn't there. Seth asked, "Do ya' mind if I join ya' at the fight?" Dante looked up with a toothbrush jutting from his mount. "I don't care," Dante said with a shrug.

Dante heard that night time in Bane City was not the most desirable time to be out and about. This, however, was where the underground was and where Dante needed to be. Seth trailed slightly behind. It was convenient to have an undead spectre following you around due to the inability to be surprised. We made our way to the building that the fight supposedly was taking place. Two metal doors that looked as though they were the entrance to a rusted meat locker. The metal doors seemed to hang from a huge tin warehouse. I knocked three times on the left metal door with the edge of my knuckles. A small window slid back and a voice boomed from the opposite side, "Verification?!" I showed a slip of paper that had some words scribbled on it that Dante never bothered to read.

The doors swung open and voices echoed from a staging area below. Few chairs existed on the floor and most people ignored them anyway pushing their way as close to the ring as possible. A man wearing fighting gear worked his way through the crowd and everyone began "booing" him. He worked his way to the opposite corner of a man that was already sitting and being cheered. Dante edged through the crowd at the man who sat with no trainer and no one in his corner. Dante like the "underdog", but this man was big and scary. He was sure this guy would win. He leaned up at the man and said "What's your name?" The man replied (I hope), "John." Dante stated, "You win this fight and drinks are on me afterwards!" Dante left the man to his prefight psychological games with his opponent. He worked his way to the man taking bets and put $500 cash on John. Dante then made his way to the rear of the building to an open chair. Seth floated near Dante and said, "Ya ain't good at the bettin' game are ya?"
Dante did not replied and merely sat down with legs crossed waiting for the fight to begin.

Kaytal

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty The Rats in the Ring

Post by Hatori Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 am

The boy new he was at he right place immediately. Before he had only passed street rats and beggars, but now there were important looking men with pretty women on their arms, while men in suits surrounded them. As he followed them towards the door, he was stopped short of entering by a large Asian man in a freshly pressed monkey suit. "Are you lost kid?" he asked. "Run along home, this is no place for brats." The boy smiled politely and handed over his ticket. The man eyed the ticket skeptically. "I assure you," the boy said, "it is genuine." The man stuffed the ticket into his pocket and motioned the kid away. "Go home son. You might not make it back out alive if you go in." The boy sighed and put a hand into his left pocket. The man took a step back and instinctively reached for his weapon, but stood in shock as the boy drew out, not a weapon, but a gold coin. The man stared in awe, as he boy flipped it a few times in his hand and then held it out. "Whats your name kid?" the man asked slowly. The boy thought for a moment, then replied, "You may call me Deimos." "Well, ah, Deimos, I hope you know what you are getting into." The boy smiled again and flipped the coin in the man's direction. "Take care!" Deimos said, and walked passed the man and through the door.
"Katapliktikos!" Deimos exclaimed, as he walked towards the ring. There were people everywhere, pushing each other to get the best view. In the ring sat two people. One large bearded man sat all alone, and in the other corner sat a well built behemoth of a man. One look and Deimos new who would be the winner. Deimos searched for a place in the back and spotted an empty seat towards the back, next to a very well dressed man with his legs crossed. "Geia sou." he said to the man. "May I?" Deimos motioned to the seat. The man nodded and the boy sat down, putting his leather bag between his feet to make sure it stayed with him for the whole night. "I give it two minutes and the bearded guy will have the other guy knocked out." he remarked. The man nodded again and gave a small smile.

Last edited by Hatori on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Lee made his way to the address. He stopped by a nicer looking alley way...if one could fathom how any dark alley way lined with various goons could look any better than the rest. Suppose the lack of floating trash was a nice touch.

He made his way to the door man and asked was this the right place, handing him the scribbled piece of paper. The man snatched it, looking at the scrap before handing it back to him. The taller Asian stood aside and bowed. "Master Lee, please give your uncle my best."
Lee eyed him cautiously and nodded, not even bothering for a name. It would seem even his uncle's influence reaches further than he imagined. As he passed through the large door, he descended quietly down a flight of stares. Already he could hear the roar of hundreds of voices as he entered the seating for the arena. He looked around and found an empty seat next to a rather well dressed gentleman and what seemed to be a young teenager. He moved through the various beings in his path, not stopping once for anyone to move their legs or when some rowdy soul decides to throw their arms back in anger. Nothing seemed to bar his way towards his seat. He sat silently watching the stage for the main event.

"Ladies and Fuckers, welcome. Tonight is another night of blood and fury. Betting is ending soon, hurry up and throw your money away now! Let's hear it for tonight's contender in the south corner! He faces our last night's champion, Axel!"

The crowd roars as their lust for violence and blood cries out to be sated. The gates lock up as bookies and their helpers jump back behind their barred, bullet proof protected booths and locked the doors.

asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xevnan Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Axel circled a short distance away, positively menacing. John stood ready, but not aggressive. A quick shift from defensive to offensive would trip Axel up, it was his biggest exploitable weakness. Axel threw a few fake punches, but none seemed to phase John as he glided slowly, purposefully across the arena floor. The crowd above jeered and booed, their bloodlust unsated. Axel took the opportunity to charge.

Axel barrelled toward John at a breakneck speed, much faster than John had anticipated. John juked, but Axel clipped his shoulder, sending him spinning toward the ground. John hit the ground, rolled onto his feet, and cursed as Axel was already charging again. John ran toward the wall, knowing Axel wouldn't be far behind, and rolled sideways, sending Axel careening into the wall. John threw a few punches, but Axel was unphased. This man was a professional. He grabbed John by the arms and lifted him from the ground, smiling. He spit on John's face as he crushed his wrists.

Now's the time, John thought, knowing his wrists would break at any second. As he focused on the boiling cauldron of anger and fear in his heart, the pain subsided, and only clearheaded power began to prevail. John felt his muscles tighten and stretch, the sinewy masses unlocking their hidden potential. He had learned to control his power over the past three years, to the extent it could be controlled. As emotion became overwhelming, John tended to lose control, but he could focus on the emotion he'd experienced in the past and harness that power, slowly gaining strength and controlling his body into a perfect fighting machine.

John smiled as Axel spit in his face. "You will die soon," Axel said, perplexed, "why do you smile?" John used his wrists as stationary points with which to lift his entire body and force his feet forward like a cannon, planting them firmly on Axel's chest. The shock of the blow forced Axel to drop John and grab his chest, knowing he'd broken several ribs. John danced back, light on his feet, as Axel recovered. Axel screamed with rage, charging John again. John sidestepped, knowing this must look like a bullfight to the observers. John brought his fist down on Axel's back as he charged by, sending him off balance and careening toward the ground. Axel spun, landing on his butt and skidding across the ground and rolling onto his feet. John laughed at the spectacle, causing the crowd to jeer.

Axel charged, this time with his fist cocked and ready to fire. He flung his fist forward with superhuman might, but encountered something he never thought possible. John caught his fist, lightly, and slid under his arm, elbow pushing forward and solidifying his stance as Axel came in. The sheer amount of contact force lifted Axel from his feet as John scooped him head over heels. Axel's insides scrambled, and the pain burned like the sun. His last thought before hitting the ground was how disappointed the boss would be.

As Axel slammed into the ground headfirst, the crowd fell silent. Very few had expected this. John bent over Axel, flipping him onto his back and checking his pulse. John stood slowly and looked up into the crowd. "This fight's over. He's not dead yet, but he will be very soon if he doesn't get medical attention. I leave it up to you to determine his fate," he said, stepping over the pool of blood and out of the ring, knowing the crowd would tear him to pieces. The spectators screamed and rioted, the cage rattling, though John was unconcerned with whether it was positive or negative. He beat the Triad's champion and left him for dead. They would find him soon.

"Speak of the devil," John said, walking into the alleyway, the only fighter's exit. A black luxury car waited, running and lights on, as a Chinese man stepped around to the passenger's seat and opened the door. "A very powerful man wishes to speak with you," the man said, motioning toward the seat. "I would suggest that you comply."
Xevnan
Xevnan

Back to top Go down

Into the Night Empty Now on wit the show...

Post by Hatori Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am

"Lampros!" the boy said with a grin. It truly was a wonderful fight, even if he had already knew who the winner would be. He had follow every movement with his eyes, watching every jab and dodge of the bear man, that was what he had named him, as the fight danced about the pit. All around him the crowd was getting restless. Most of them were screaming and booing, and even some were yelling about it being a fixed match. The boy laughed at this. He saw the fight in the eyes of the other opponent. The smugness of pride, the sureness that he would win, and the anger and fear towards the end when the realization set in that he was going to lose. The boy had seen all of it as it flashed in mere moments during the bout. The crowd was really starting to get out of hand now. All but the two who were sitting beside him. The smartly dressed man was still smiling, legs crossed, as if he too had seen the clear winner before the match had started. He had a strange feel about him. Although he looked friendly enough he had an air around him that the boy could not place. Like a chill that comes from no where. The other person was even harder to read. He had an air as if he wasn't even there. The lack of anything coming from him lost the boys small attention span quickly and he turned to see the well dressed fellow pull out a pocket watch, check the time, murmur something the boy did not catch, and the stood up and made his way towards the betting counter. Curious as to what was going to happen the boy stood up and he too headed that way. He wanted to find the bear man and give him a formal congratulations as befits a warrior of his caliber, but the man had gone down a side tunnel and was out of sight. At least Mr. pocket-watch had something in mind. As they walked towards the table, the crowd was starting to become fully out of control and for a split second the boy almost reached out to grab a hold of the mans shirt, but he quickly composed himself. "When did become such a child?" the boy asked himself. As they reached the table, the man behind it scowled. "What the fuck do you want?" he demanded. Mr. Pocket-watch simply smiled and laid down his ticket. Not saying a word.

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum