Urban Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban Legends Lexicon

3 posters

Go down

Urban Legends Lexicon Empty Urban Legends Lexicon

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Urban Legend Classes v1.0.0
Here's a general list of classes and their abilities that you'll find in this RP, classes marked by an * are non playable classes reserved for story line purposes.

Urban Legends Lexicon
Phantoms- beings that posses the ability to phase through solid matter. Limited to become intangible for brief periods of time or risk sinking into the ground. Passing through materials because they to lose body heat rapidly to the surrounding area and they cannot phase inorganic material with them. Phantoms cannot phase through other phantoms.
LEVEL2(200 exp): "Plus 1" Phantoms now have enough concentration to bring one additional person when phasing. The limitation of organic matter still apply to them, when phasing a person, they will drop all metallic objects not fixed on their person. Exception is surgical metal grafted to their body.

Stalkers- beings that can use shadows or any other dark area as gates to jump instantly from. They are limited distances from which they can jump to about 200 yards and must rest a bit before jumping again. They are not intangible when traveling.
LEVEL2(200 exp): Flash Step: Though skilled focus, Stalkers can now shadow step behind a person, using their target's shadow.

*Door Masters - beings that have the ability to create wormholes out of any door or portal to link it somewhere else. They can open almost any door when they focus. They can be called if someone under a contract with them marks a door with their blood and knocks three times. Very few exist.

Fanatics- a berserker like being that burns its own life force to become invulnerable to most physical attack as well as granting them insane strength for a short period of time. Prolong in this state, they're body becomes unstable and results in a violent explosion.
LEVEL2(200 exp): Blood lust: The sight of blood entices your combat prowess, when bleeding or covered in blood, your awareness of your surroundings and enemies are heighten to the point of improved reaction and minor movement prediction.
Death Speakers- mediums that can communicate with the recent dead, they can also call ghost and other poltergeist into the physical world, granted they may not always control what they summon.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Death Stare: when locking eyes with an target, you can force images of the dead around you into their minds, alternatively you can grant phantom vision to someone for a few minuets.
Rotters- they have the ability to accelerate the decomposition of anything they can touch. They also can slow down the process.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Accelerated Decay: on touch, you can cause gangrene to set into living things on a small scale. Left untreated their limbs will eventually rot and become useless, causing worst infections to set in.
Stunners- can paralyze others through eye contact. As long as they maintain eye contact with their target, they are unable to use any voluntary muscle control.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Dazzle: At a glance, you can stun an opponent with your stare, leaving a lingering effect of numbness. Opponents caught by this effect have delayed reaction time.
Phobias- beings who's proximity causes others to feel paranoid and uneasy. They can focus on a target to intensify these effects, and also posses the ability to inflect hallucinations of terror by touch.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Horrific Screams: Your presence has warped the senses of those around you, application of your will broadcast a psychic scream in their mind's ear, leaving some targets with lowered resistance startled and panicked.
Seekers- have the ability to see aura's around others. Once memorized, they can detect their targets, even through walls and great distances.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Target Lock: Your memory has served you well, you can now remember one aura of a person you've seen more than once.
Blood Binders- virtual living voodoo dolls. With a drop of blood from anyone, they can enter a contract that binds their bodies, where any physical effects that one experiences, the partner experiences as well. They can only maintain one contract at a time and can break the contract by washing the blood off their skin.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Voo Doo: Practice of your craft has gifted you with a deeper sense of magic. When bounded, you have a chance to read your partner's mind.
Objects- shape shifters that can transform and mimic inanimate objects. When shifted, they take on similar properties such as weight and to an extent, durability of the object. They cannot move when transformed, but can still talk, hear, smell, and feel through unknown means.
LEVEL2(200 exp): Sturdy Shifter: you now take on the rougher qualities of solid matter. Your skin toughens even more when shifted into stone or wood.
Interference- have the ability to disrupt and in some cases cancel out the supernatural abilities of others in short proximity.
LEVEL2(200 exp):Lock down: On touch, you focus your power to stopping an opponent's abilities completely. Additionally you can gasp the nature of the powers they posses.
Dolls- can astral project and send their image to build a body made of inanimate material. The doll can be made of various materials such as rocks, trash, water, wood, ect. Dolls do not feel pain, however if destroyed they will cause mental damage to the controller. The doll user’s body is vulnerable when controlling a doll, and has a range of control roughly 80-100 meters.
LEVEL2(200 exp): Sensory Management: Your Doll can now talk and hear, transmitting your thoughts as a rough voice through the medium of your doll.
*Immortals- powerful beings that regenerate rapidly on a cellular level. Resistant to most diseases and environmental hazards, they have above average strength and durability due to regeneration of torn muscle tissue and broken bones and age very slowly. *note, they can still be killed, but extremely difficult via normal means*

*Phage- creatures created by mutated virus cells. They have various forms of mutates into vicious beings that have primal aggressive nature. They can infect regular humans via blood contact, though chances of infection are low due to mutating nature of their cells. The chance is even further reduced against people who exhibit paranormal abilities. Their cells break down in the presence of certain radiation such as UV rays and melt into a pile of inert cells.

More to come, you may not change your class once introduced; however, you can start another character. Please don't have too many characters as they can be confusing to you and other players, and if you're done with a character, please kill them off or send them away to never be heard of again.
*additional note* classes are subject to change/evolution after a certain number of posts, additional abilities and titles will be updated in this section.

Last edited by asdf7389 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : UPDATES FOR LEVEL2(200 exp)!)
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

https://urbanlegend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Urban Legends Lexicon Empty Re: Urban Legends Lexicon

Post by Kaytal Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm

So, my first question is do we already know that we are one of the above mention. Or, do we assume the title without knowing we are that thing. I.E. My name is Draxus and I am a rotter I learned this ability early on. Or is it more like "when I was young I learned that I could decompose material very fast"? This will drastically help me with my story line of my character.

Kaytal

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Good question. Actually with what I have in mind, I'm going to leave the decision up to you. The classes listed are just classifications of the abilities you can choose from, more or less titles. When writing an intro, you can assume that your character knows his abilities to basic knowledge(i.e. the descriptions above) later I will update/upgrade classes and titles with new abilities as the story progresses and I see everyone evolving to new heights. As for right now if you have any specific questions about a class or writing your intro, post it here or make a separate thread or even send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help you out.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatori Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Question about my guy's power. I know I have discussed this a little with you at work, but I felt it was best to put it onto the board. Being that my guy has the Interference power, would he be able to "sense" if someone else who had a power was using it?

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Sense power is not yet availble to your class. New abilities and details will be released here when someone nears the 200 exp marker.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatori Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 am

So to be clear, if I touch someone can I tell what their power is, or just that they have a power?

Hatori

Back to top Go down

Post by asdf7389 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Hatori wrote:So to be clear, if I touch someone can I tell what their power is, or just that they have a power?

You can tell what power they posses.
asdf7389
asdf7389
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatori Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 pm

that's all I needed to know

Hatori

Back to top Go down